NOW CALLING FOR SUBMISSION
BE A PART OF OUR EXCITING NEW INITIATIVE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
THE CALGARY ANIMATED OBJECTS SOCIETY (CAOS) &
THE CANADIAN ACADEMY FOR MASK AND PUPPETRY (CAMP)
WITH SUPPORT FROM THE CANADA COUNCIL FOR THE ARTS
This project supports artists in the presentation of new works while actively engaging with the public and creating new and exciting opportunities for audience engagement.
Each artist participating in the project will develop a new work over a six (6) week period April 13 through May 28, 2020 which will cumulate in a presentation of the work at the annual Dolly Wiggler cabaret, May 29 & 30, 2020 (with tech rehearsal on May 28 or 29) .
The works themselves should be:
- 2-3 minutes in length
- Incorporate some form of mask, puppetry or object animation.
In addition to the performance of the piece, each artist will participate in an ‘public engagement’ week within the duration of the project which will consist of:
- Working in a public space at Contemporary Calgary for 4 hours in a manner that allows the public to gain insight into the creation process
- Leading a scheduled 1 hour workshop, talk or presentation sharing aspects of your process or puppetry creation in general.
- Engage in video and social media spotlights highlighting you and your work
To apply, please submit the following:
- Artist Resume
- A brief (100 words) synopsis of the piece
- An example to previous work
Please email applications to Amelia Marie Newbert, Managing Producer, at email@example.com
Entry deadline is March 23, 2020
Successful applicants will receive a $1,200 fee: $500 upon signing, $500 upon completion of their engagement week and $200 following performances.