JOIN OUR TEAM
The Festival of Animated Objects is currently hiring the positions of:
- Do you have a passion for performing arts and film?
- Have you produced work in the arts or non-profit community? Did you like it? Do you love it?
- Are you a project management wizard? Do you make plans, and take action to meet deadlines? Does the idea of managing a small team of volunteers, coordinators, and technical directors to produce a festival excite you?
- Can you balance a budget? Do you know your way around Excel, or be inclined to sort, track and take care of money?
- How’s your grant writing and reporting skill set? The more the better, but if you’re still acquiring experience in the granting world and want to learn more, we’re willing to work with you.
- How are your communications and marketing skills? Do you know your way around social media platforms?
If you’ve read this far, and you still want to know more, read on:
The International Festival of Animated Objects Society (IFAO) is a non-profit organization, an incubator, producer and presenter of puppetry, mask and animated objects.
Our mission is to produce the bi-annual Festival of Animated Objects (FAO), a festival dedicated to promoting puppet and mask related performance in live theatre format, as well as film / media, to the general population of Calgary and the surrounding areas. The programing serves children, youth, seniors, and adults and encompasses the general public.
- This is a new opportunity for a Managing Producer to join and help lead our team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Festival Production
- Starting in early 2020, work with the Board of Directors and co-Artistic Directors to plan, budget, contract and organize the 2021 Festival of Animated Objects which takes places March 10 – 14, 2021.
- Starting in the fall of 2020, begin assembling a team to assist with marketing, communications, technical direction, volunteer management and overall festival implementation.
- Be the point person at the start, middle and end of the festival event, with an eye toward setting up the IFAO to be successful again in 2023.
- Financial Management
- Take part in grant writing and reporting, with the help of the Board of Directors.
- Establish festival revenue streams including box office, ticketing and advertising.
- Seek out corporate sponsorship opportunities, in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Be responsible for tracking expenses, collection of revenues, timely payment of invoices, and monitoring cash flow
- Work with the FAO bookkeeper to generate regular reports for the effective management of the festival.
- As the primary point of contact for the IFAO, oversee event management, audience development, marketing, public relations and community outreach.
- Build positive relationships with funding sources, sponsors, patrons, employees, other performing arts groups, volunteers and stakeholders.
- IFAO Executive Director in partnership with the co-Artistic Directors.
Scope of Contract
- Part-time contract, with full-time months leading into the Festival:
From start date* to August 2020: $2,000 – $2,500 per month
- Position starts as soon as the candidate is available in 2020
Sep 1, 2020 – August 2021*: $3,000 – $4,000 per month
- Subject to grant approvals
Send your signed cover letter and resume via email to:
Or by hard copy to:
Festival of Animated Objects
c/o 1073 Hillcrest Manor Estate
Deadline: December 31, 2019 @ 11:59 pm.
For volunteer opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org